YOU AGREE THAT BY USING THE SITE, ANY APPLICATIONS, AND THE SERVICES YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OF AGE AND YOU ARE LEGALLY ABLE TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT.
The Site provides an online legal portal to give visitors a general understanding of the law and to provide an automated software solution to individuals who choose to prepare their own legal documents. Customer need not download or even license Lighthouse software. Lighthouse hosts its software as a backend service for customers when they create their own documents. The Site includes general information on commonly encountered legal issues. The Lighthouse Services also include a review of your answers for completeness, spelling, and for internal consistency of names, addresses and the like. At no time do we review your answers for legal sufficiency, draw legal conclusions, provide legal advice, opinions, or recommendations about your legal rights, remedies, defenses, options, selection of forms, or strategies, or apply the law to the facts of your particular situation. Lighthouse is not a law firm and may not perform services performed by an attorney. Lighthouse, its services, and its forms and templates are not a substitute for the advice or services of an attorney.
Lighthouse strives to keep its legal documents accurate, current, and up-to-date. However, because the law changes rapidly, Lighthouse cannot guarantee that all of the information on the Site or Applications is completely current. The law is different from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, and may be subject to interpretation by different courts. The law is a personal matter, and no general information or legal tool like the kind Lighthouse provides can fit every circumstance. Furthermore, the legal information contained on the Site and Applications is not legal advice and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete or up-to-date. Therefore, if you need legal advice for your specific problem, or if your specific problem is too complex to be addressed by our tools, you should consult a licensed attorney in your area.
From time to time, Lighthouse may perform certain attorney access services and introduce our visitors to attorneys through various methods, including but not limited to (i) third party attorney directory listings and (ii) third party limited scope agreements. At no time is an attorney-client relationship fostered or created with Lighthouse through the performance of any such services.
This Site and Applications are not intended to create any attorney-client relationship, and your use of Lighthouse does not and will not create an attorney-client relationship between you and Lighthouse. Instead, you are and will be representing yourself in any legal matter you undertake through Lighthouse’s legal document service.
When you use or access certain portions of the Site, Applications, or the Services, you must provide complete and accurate information as requested on the registration form. You may also be asked to provide a user name and password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You may not use a third party’s account, user name, or password at any time. You agree to notify Lighthouse immediately of any unauthorized use of your account, user name, or password. Lighthouse shall not be liable for any losses you incur as a result of someone else’s use of your account or password, either with or without your knowledge. You may be held liable for any losses incurred by Lighthouse, our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account or password.
2. Ownership. This Site and Applications are owned and operated by Lighthouse. All right, title, and interest in and to the materials provided on this Site and Applications, including but not limited to information, documents, logos, graphics, sounds, and images (the “Materials”) are owned either by Lighthouse or by our respective third party authors, developers, or vendors (“Third Party Providers”). Except as otherwise expressly provided by Lighthouse, none of the Materials may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted, or distributed in any way and nothing on this Site or on any Applications shall be construed to confer any license under any of Lighthouse’s intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise. See the “Legal Contact Information” below if you have any questions about obtaining such licenses. Lighthouse does not sell, license, lease or otherwise provide any of the Materials other than those specifically identified as being provided by Lighthouse. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by Lighthouse.
4. Links to Third Party Sites. This Site and Applications may contain links to websites controlled by parties other than Lighthouse (each a “Third Party Site”). Lighthouse works with a number of partners and affiliates whose sites are linked with Lighthouse. Lighthouse may also provide links to other citations or resources with whom it is not affiliated. Lighthouse is not responsible for and does not endorse or accept any responsibility for the availability, contents, products, services or use of any Third Party Site, any website accessed from a Third Party Site or any changes or updates to such sites. Lighthouse makes no guarantees about the content or quality of the products or services provided by such sites. Lighthouse is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Third Party Site. Lighthouse is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Lighthouse of the Third Party Site, nor does it imply that Lighthouse sponsors, is affiliated or associated with, guarantees, or is legally authorized to use any trade name, registered trademark, logo, legal or official seal, or copyrighted symbol that may be reflected in the links. You acknowledge that you bear all risks associated with access to and use of content provided on a Third Party Site and agree that Lighthouse is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with a third party. You should contact the site administrator for the applicable Third Party Site if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on any such Third Party Site.
5.1 License to Use. Lighthouse grants you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use our forms (the “Forms”) for your own personal, internal business use, or if you are an attorney or professional, for your client. Except as otherwise provided, you acknowledge and agree that you have no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the Forms in any manner, except for modifications in filling out the Forms for your authorized use. You shall not remove any copyright notice from any Form.
5.2 Resale of Forms Prohibited. By ordering or downloading Forms, you agree that the Forms you purchase or download may only be used by you for your personal or business use or used by you in connection with your client and may not be sold or redistributed without the express written consent of Lighthouse.com.
7. NO WARRANTY. THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, AND ALL MATERIALS, DOCUMENTS OR FORMS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, LIGHTHOUSE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIGHTHOUSE MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT: (A) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (B) THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR THE MATERIALS WILL BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE BASIS; (C) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR ANY MATERIALS OFFERED THROUGH THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; OR (D) THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE, APPLICATIONS, OR IN RELIANCE ON THE MATERIALS WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
OBTAINING ANY MATERIALS THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR APPLICATIONS IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND AT YOUR OWN RISK. LIGHTHOUSE SHALL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY CONTENT, MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SOFTWARE.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNIFICATION. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, YOU WILL HOLD LIGHTHOUSE AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, HOWEVER IT ARISES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES AND ALL RELATED COSTS AND EXPENSES OF LITIGATION AND ARBITRATION, OR AT TRIAL OR ON APPEAL, IF ANY, WHETHER OR NOT LITIGATION OR ARBITRATION IS INSTITUTED), WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, OR ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY CLAIM FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, ARISING FROM THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF ANY FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL LAWS, STATUTES, RULES, OR REGULATIONS, EVEN IF LIGHTHOUSE HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY LAW, IF THERE IS LIABILITY FOUND ON THE PART OF LIGHTHOUSE, IT WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID FOR THE PRODUCTS AND/OR SERVICES, AND UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THERE BE CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES.
9. Personal Use. The site is made available for your personal use on your own behalf.
10. Children. Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Applications and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
12. Copyrights. All Site design, text, graphics, the selection and arrangement thereof, Copyright ©, Lighthouse International Services, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
13. Trademarks. Lighthouse, lighthouseprivatetrust.com, the “L-shaped lighthouse” logo, all images and text, and all page headers, custom graphics and button icons are service marks, trademarks and/or trade dress of Lighthouse. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners.
14. Inquiries. BY USING LIGHTHOUSE’S SERVICES OR ACCESSING THE LIGHTHOUSE SITE OR APPLICATIONS, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT THAT SUBMITTING YOUR TELEPHONE NUMBER TO LIGHTHOUSE VIA THE LIGHTHOUSE SITE OR APPLICATIONS CONSTITUTES AN INQUIRY TO LIGHTHOUSE, AND THAT LIGHTHOUSE MAY CONTACT YOU AT THE NUMBER SUBMITTED EVEN IF SUCH NUMBER APPEARS ON ANY STATE OR FEDERAL DO NOT CALL LISTS (TAKING INTO ACCOUNT INQUIRY EXCEPTION TIME FRAMES AS APPROPRIATE).
15. Right to Refuse. You acknowledge that Lighthouse reserves the right to refuse service to anyone and to cancel user access at any time.
Updated: 29 March 2017